Asparagus and ricotta on toast with hot ‘nduja
May 26, 2023 | Recipe | No Comments|
Wonderfully simple. You can use purple broccoli in place of asparagus when in season.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Four as a starter or light meal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling
- 80g nduja
- 1 small garlic clove, grated mashed
- 200g of asparagus
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 100g ricotta
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the ‘nduja. Keep the heat low and break up the ‘nduja with the back of a wooden spoon. It’s very important that you don’t burn it, just let it melt slowly (there will still be bits of meat in it).
- Stir in the garlic. Steam or microwave the asparagus until just tender. Check for doneness with the tip of a sharp knife. Put the asparagus in a hot tea towel – this keeps them warm and also absorbs moisture – and toast the bread.
- Spread the ricotta in a thick layer on each slice of toast, and place the asparagus on top (cut the tips in half if they are too large).
- Season. Gently reheat the ‘nduja and pour it over each toast.
- Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.