The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill announced that it has achieved significant franchise development successes so far in 2023 with the opening of eight new restaurants, including the first in California, and the signing of 26 new franchise agreements for developing locations in states including Florida, Texas, and Alabama. The brand now has 31 locations in 11 states with an additional 280 units in development, with 20 expected to open before the end of 2023.
Over the past year, The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill has focused on its online customer journey and implemented innovations to improve the overall experience and exceed expectations. This initiative has delivered impressive sales success for the brand, including year-over-year increases in same-store sales and average unit volume (AUV), as well as a double-digit increase in in-store sales. system-wide from one year to the next. This has also resulted in increased customer loyalty and satisfaction.
“Our year-to-date results demonstrate not only the strength of our concept and the commitment we have to our customers, but also the dedication of our remarkable franchisees who make our brand what it is.” , says Bob Andersen. , president of the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill. “As we enter the second half of 2023, we have never been more confident in the trajectory of our brand and our success ahead. »
Performance and success numbers, along with other brand updates, were announced at The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill 2023 convention that brought together executives, suppliers, franchise owners and their employees. The two-day event held in Orlando, Florida included team-building workshops and activities, networking opportunities and a vendor showcase. Guest speakers included Nick Della Penna, co-founder of The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill, and Ray Titus, CEO of United Franchise Group (UFG), of which The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill is an affiliated brand. Other talks included business experts Danny Snow and Zack Oates, who spoke about the value of customer experience and how to improve it.
“It was a pleasure to attend this year’s conference and reconnect with such a talented and passionate group of franchisees. You can tell they really love and believe in this brand that is so important in developing a healthy franchise system,” says Ray Titus, CEO of UFG. “It’s been exciting to see The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill carve its own path in the fast casual and Mediterranean spaces and we look forward to everything the brand achieves in the years to come.”
The event concluded with an awards ceremony recognizing the brand’s best performers, including:
- MVP Award: Mike Fardous (Detroit, MI)
- President’s Award: Scott Willis (Charleston, South Carolina)
- Circle of Excellence Inductees: The Colony, Texas; Winter Garden, Florida; Port St. Lucie, Florida; Troy, Michigan; Lake Nona, Florida; and Shelby Township, Michigan
- Team Player: John David and Alexia Budko (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) and Kevin Carmean (Orlando, FL)
- Rookie of the Year: Lakena and Andrew Van Vleet (Maple Grove, MN)
- Overall Sales and Fulfillments: Shelby Township, MI Staff
- Customer Experience: Staff in Shelby Township, MI; Rocky River, Ohio; West Bloomfield, Michigan; and Lake Nona, Florida
- Local In-Store Marketing: The Staff of Mount Pleasant, SC
- Community Service: Aurora, CO Staff
- Quality: Staff in Charleston, South Carolina
- In-Store Appearance: Staff in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill is part of Big Flavor Brands, the restaurant division of Starpoint Brands, a trusted family of companies affiliated with the United Franchise Group, whose members represent the best in their industry and are a quality brand for customers, providing the ultimate in service, reliability and value.
The news and information presented in this release has not been corroborated by WTWH Media LLC.