Grillin’ & Chillin’: burger wraps recipe
May 25, 2023 | Recipe | No Comments|
ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) – A favorite of KTTC viewers is back. Wildwood Sports Bar and Grill and Destination Bar-BQ have joined forces to bring great grilling recipes to KTTC, this time on Midwest Access.
Jim Nicholas is the owner of the Wildwood Sports Bar and Grill.
Christy Buchan is co-owner of Destination Bar-BQ.
Ye Old Butcher Shoppe in Rochester supplied the meat.
Grillin’ & Chillin’ airs every Thursday on Midwest Access. Midwest Access operates from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Burger wraps were on the menu this week. See the recipe below.
hamburger wrap (actually 4)
- Spray tank
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 to 14 inch tortillas
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1 sliced yellow onion
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 Wildwood All Purpose Container
- 1 container of Wildwood ghost pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices of American cheese (the white comes from the deli counter)
- Cutting board
- Pitboss flat grill
- burger press
- Sharp knife
- small bowl
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees (charcoal or gas or campfire)
- Divide the beef into 4 equal sized meatballs
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Cut the peppers and onions into strips
- Combine the mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of ghost pepper, mix well and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- On the preheated grill, generously apply the stove spray
- Season the burger balls and place them on the sprayed area
- Cook for 1 minute then mash with a burger press about 1/4″ thick (note that spray a similar sized piece of parchment on both sides and put between the press and the burger before mashing)
- Add the peppers and onion to the burger area to cook in the burger juices.
Copyright 2023 KTTC. All rights reserved.