September 20, 2023 | 8:23 a.m.
MANILA, Philippines — Moms are constantly looking for new baon ideas for their children.
They should not only be easy to prepare, but also nutritious and delicious. It is always difficult to get children to eat healthy and nutritious food because junk food, like chips and instant noodles, is always available at school. So moms should make extra effort when choosing what to send their children to school with. Another consideration to take into account is that the food must also appeal to children.
So, how about chicken nuggets? Not the commercially available ones, but homemade chicken nuggets so you know exactly what’s in them. Here, Jolly, a leading brand of canned fruits and vegetables distributed exclusively by Fly Ace Corporation, shares this recipe for homemade chicken nuggets.
For the chicken nuggets:
500 grams of chopped chicken breast
2 tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
2 tbsp. Good Life Oyster Sauce
1 cup Good Life breadcrumbs
1 can (198 grams) Jolly mushroom pieces and stems, chopped
Store-bought sweet chili sauce
For the covering:
1/2 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup Good Life breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Jolly Heart Mate canola oil for frying
1. In a bowl, combine ground chicken, salt, eggs, pepper, oyster sauce, breadcrumbs and chopped mushrooms. Mix well.
2. Flatten the chicken mixture, spreading it 1/2 inch thick. Slice to form 1-inch cubes on each side. Put aside.
3. Dredge the chicken nuggets in flour, dip them completely in the beaten egg and coat them with breadcrumbs.
4. Fry in hot oil in batches of 5-7 pieces per batch. Cook until golden brown.
5. Remove from oil.
6. Serve with store-bought sweet chili sauce.