September 19, 2023 | 2:41 p.m.
CAINTA, Philippines — What do you do when you have a pack of very fresh basil leaves in your refrigerator but it’s not enough to make a good batch of pesto?
Well, turn it into Thai Basil Chicken, of course!
This dish is very tasty, Asian style, and yet very easy to prepare. You can also make it very healthy by using chicken breast. Despite using the breast part, the chicken never becomes dry or tough.
Thai Basil Chicken
2 rooms. whole chicken breasts
2 tbsp. soya sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 pc. bird pepper, chopped
1 cup basil leaves
1. Cut the chicken breasts into strips. Marinate in soy sauce and oyster sauce for 15 minutes.
2. Heat the pan. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add just enough chili pepper for the desired heat level.
3. Turn the heat up high. Add the chicken with the marinade. Cook, stirring constantly, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the basil leaves picked from the stem and cook until the leaves are wilted.
5. Serve with hot, freshly cooked rice.